Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US High Neck Sweater

Article about: Looking for opinions on this high neck sweater, has no tags but fits like a small. Is this wartime or postwar/repro? It has two-hole buttons and 5" blue material on both shoulders.

Default US High Neck Sweater

Looking for opinions on this high neck sweater, has no tags but fits like a small. Is this wartime or postwar/repro?
    It has two-hole buttons and 5" blue material on both shoulders.

US High Neck SweaterUS High Neck Sweater
    US High Neck SweaterUS High Neck Sweater

Going by the buttons I think it could be a WW2 one. I think these are still issued today or at least into the 90's so they can be tricky to date.

Yes these are still issued, however the buttons are very different. I think this one is WWII Era.

I just discovered that I never took pics of mine! I think I have three? including a fairly modern one, problem is to find them in the junk room!!!

Ha I found one I have that's what I believe is of WW2 vintage, will probably take me months to find the other two!!!
    Spose I wasted my time! anyway I got shots of one of mine for the records!

Might just be me but I've not seen many on the market, but I'm sure they were popular during the winter of 1944 at the front.

Again I suppose I'm wasting my time! but I did find another after laying the junk room to waste and will take months for me to get it back in order! access now is limited! Even the dog is pissed!