Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??

Article about: Hi! Guys! Couple of days ago i*ve found this jacket on the market/ The owner couldn*t say nothing about it/ Is it repro or original jacket? Thanks!!

Default US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??

Hi! Guys!
    Couple of days ago i*ve found this jacket on the market/ The owner couldn*t say nothing about it/
    Is it repro or original jacket?
    Thanks!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??   US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??  

US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??   US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??  

US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??   US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??  

NCA
    ?

Its a repro...probably for reenactors or film use. Looks like the zippers read 'TALDN' instead of 'TALON' .

Thanks!
    Yes zippers with TALDN stamps.
    i*ve bye it on the street market
    and it*s the first time i*ve meet any US part of uniform on WW2 period in Ukraine.
    exept zippers i*ve notice the difference on the neck loop? buttons are not the samt as on usual this tipe of jackets.
    but label looks authentic

One other observation is the jump jacket size. Size 46R was not listed in the documents I have seen reference sizes made..

Smitty

As already stated, it is a modern copy.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!