Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US Made British KD Bush Shirt

Article about: A recent purchase:a Khaki Drill HBT US Made bush shirt, unissued, still displaying the tailor/cutter tags. The Bush Shirt does not sport any British WD label, only the label of the US produc

Default US Made British KD Bush Shirt

A recent purchase:a Khaki Drill HBT US Made bush shirt, unissued, still displaying the tailor/cutter tags. The Bush Shirt does not sport any British WD label, only the label of the US producer, an this is pretty strange for a War Aid item. Could the shirt have a British WD label stitched on reception in the UK? Are there any other evidences of War Aid uniforms lacking the British WD acceptation label? There still another opens question: in British nomenclature, this would be a Bush Jacket, not Bush Shirt, that would have only two pockets and a half fly, being pullover. Any explanations? Thank you in advance for you help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Made British KD Bush Shirt   US Made British KD Bush Shirt  

US Made British KD Bush Shirt  
    Attached Images Attached Images US Made British KD Bush Shirt  US Made British KD Bush Shirt 

The example I owned had neither US or UK labels. WD markings are often just an inkstamp and do not need a British label for them, in fact I have never seen British labels on US War Aid items.

As it is mint and unused it might never have had the UK acceptance WD arrows
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice to see the labels in place. Both are mine are devoid of them.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

And finally I have managed to find a pair of trousers almost matching: no cutters tags, but still some pretty newish War Aid US made khaki drill trousers, or - in US terminology - Trousers, cotton, khaki.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Made British KD Bush Shirt   US Made British KD Bush Shirt  

US Made British KD Bush Shirt   US Made British KD Bush Shirt  

US Made British KD Bush Shirt   US Made British KD Bush Shirt  

I would think a lot of U.S. war aid manufactured clothing would have gone
    straight to theatre (Mediterranean , North Africa etc...) bypassing U.K. inspecting
    stamps.