Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USAAF Flying Jacket

Article about: Got this jacket yesterday. I'm quite pleased with it as I think its interesting, it appears to be a D1 ground crew jacket which has been personalised and used by a pilot. The label is incorr

Default USAAF Flying Jacket

Got this jacket yesterday. I'm quite pleased with it as I think its interesting, it appears to be a D1 ground crew jacket which has been personalised and used by a pilot. The label is incorrect, as it is for a pair of trousers. It has a hand made name patch sewn to the front, and a hand painted musical note 'G' on the sleeve, which is the owners initial. Its well used with many old repairs. The label manufacturer is US but it has English zips, like some other USAAF jackets I have seen.

Shown here with other USAAF aviators uniform and equipment. Any comments welcome. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Flying Jacket   USAAF Flying Jacket  

USAAF Flying Jacket   USAAF Flying Jacket  

USAAF Flying Jacket   USAAF Flying Jacket  

USAAF Flying Jacket  

I love it! It looks awesome thanks for sharing!

Cal

MAP
    ?

I would be sooooo tempted to wear it! Congrats! Quite a few anomalies with this piece.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is a nice jacket and added with the other artifacts it stands out rather nicely..

Smitty

?

Beautiful Bomber Crew flight gear!!!!
    You have the whole kitten caboodle!!
    You even have the walk around bottles.

That is a fantastic collection.
    Someday I'll be there. Bucket list!!

That is odd that it has the trouser tag in the jacket.

So do you know who he flew with?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Fabulous collection!

Thanks for the comments. Sadly I dont know who he flew with. I imagine there was more than one Lt G Cook in the USAAF.