Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

USMC Dress Blues

Article about: Hello everyone, Today I have this USMC dress blues uniform to share. I was wondering if anyone could authenticate the uniform (most importantly if the ssi is legit). I would also appreciate

?

Default USMC Dress Blues

Hello everyone,

Today I have this USMC dress blues uniform to share. I was wondering if anyone could authenticate the uniform (most importantly if the ssi is legit). I would also appreciate it if someone could explain the quartermasters stamp, I believe it is indicating 1939-1940, however I have not seen the second year written out as "40" on any examples I have seen, which is what confuses me. If any more photos are needed please let me know. All input is welcome!

Thanks
    Bodey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC Dress Blues   USMC Dress Blues  

USMC Dress Blues   USMC Dress Blues  

USMC Dress Blues   USMC Dress Blues  

USMC Dress Blues  

I believe they stopped producing these during the war, USMC (going by what I own jackets, trousers differ) mostly dated clothing this way.

?

Yes that is the way Ive seen them dated on all the examples ive seen which confuses me. Also technically 39/40 would be considered pre-war for the US right?