Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USN Aviators undress coat

Article about: Hello everyone, like the last ike I posted I've had this USN LtCdr. aviators uniform since September but have just gotten around to posting it. Has beautiful Bullion wings and an amazing sew

?

Default USN Aviators undress coat

Hello everyone, like the last ike I posted I've had this USN LtCdr. aviators uniform since September but have just gotten around to posting it.

Has beautiful Bullion wings and an amazing sewn-on ribbon bar. It is also one of the largest ww2 uniforms I have ever come across. As evident by the pictures. It is named to a "J Wheelen but I haven't been able to do much research on it yet.

As always thanks for looking and let me know what you think!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USN Aviators undress coat   USN Aviators undress coat  

USN Aviators undress coat   USN Aviators undress coat  

USN Aviators undress coat   USN Aviators undress coat  

USN Aviators undress coat  

THAT is a beautiful uniform!

I’ve been dying to get a decorated navy pilot uniform like this for years

+1 very nice! I only have this one to compare with!

?

Thanks rene and eagle, just happened to be my luck that I stumbled across this uniform, in my experience these are tough to find!

MAP
    ?

Great pick up. Lots of great ribbons on this one
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is a very nice Naval Aviators jacket

Semper Fi
    Phil

dumb question from me!, what's the bar 1st in the 2nd row?

?

No problem rene! It's a Naval President Unit Citation, this pilot was awarded it twice

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wally6 View Post
    No problem rene! It's a Naval President Unit Citation, this pilot was awarded it twice
    Slight correction. His "unit" was awarded it twice. Would be interesting to know however what Navy air unit was awarded it twice and for what reasons. Start your research! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for clearing it up MAP, unfortunately as there's no ship or anything attached to him aside from his last name and first initial I've found it almost impossible to research who this belonged to so far