Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WW2 British and Commonwealth Boot thread

Article about: I thought it’d be interesting to have a thread on WW2 British and Commonwealth boots. They’re becoming less common now and probably don’t have the same appeal as a helmet or battle dress blo

Here are some Ski March boots dated 1945 fitted to some wartime snow shoes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British and Commonwealth Boot thread   WW2 British and Commonwealth Boot thread  

Here are some Mountaineering boots by Raunds, they are dated 1962 but I am sure they are the same pattern as the war time ones. These are a size 11.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British and Commonwealth Boot thread   WW2 British and Commonwealth Boot thread  

WW2 British and Commonwealth Boot thread   WW2 British and Commonwealth Boot thread  

Here are some crampons marked Medium and Large but are the same size. I think they are by different manufacturers.

Anti Gas overboots 1942 from April 1941 by NBR.co These are still very supple but i think the straps may of been stitched the incorrect way around.

Quote by Rick W View Post
    "Aust Slippers well over boots I always thought these were for barracks/hospital use but now I believe for ammunition handling."
    That makes logical sense Rene, besides if they were for hospital use they wouldn't be green with army buttons and have that sole inner liner.
    Very nice !
    Cheers Rick
    Cheers Rick I can't remember who? but someone here came up with the idea.

Some ammo boots that I think are Australian.

They are dated 1943 and manufactured by McMurtrie. They have a war arrow stamp on the back along with what I think is 8S (the size, 8 small), however, there are no other marks or stamps that I can find and nothing like the typical Australian marks. They have clearly been polished black at some stage of their life but reverted back to their original brown (or close to) some time ago.

An internet search finds a similar pair which are described as Australian. Can anyone confirm?

WW2 British and Commonwealth Boot thread   WW2 British and Commonwealth Boot thread  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3