Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniform

Article about: Bought this at an auction for around \\$130 AUD and I was wondering how rare these are, as I haven't been able to find any other uniforms besides a single badge. Fortunately I've been able to

Default ww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniform

Bought this at an auction for around $130 AUD and I was wondering how rare these are, as I haven't been able to find any other uniforms besides a single badge.
    Fortunately I've been able to find a lot of newspapers articles and documents about the jackets owner Frank Cromwell Moore, its seems he served in the Australian Imperial Forces during ww2.
    I also managed to buy his colonial police superintendent hat for about $30 AUD from when he was Government police superintendent of ocean island (Barnaba), Kiribati from around 1952.
    Edit, I forgot to mention it included his pants and waist belt.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    ww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniformww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniform
    ww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniformww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniform
    ww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniformww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniformww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniformww2 British Solomon islands protectorate officers uniform

An interesting and fairly unique grouping. Looks authentic, though I can't imagine Captain Moore wore a wool uniform much in the Solomon Island tropical heat, more likely Khaki Drill. So the Service Dress jacket may have been used when he visited Australia. The protectorate badges may well be the most valuable part of the grouping, to a badge collector. Not at all common.

Never seen such a uniform to the Protectorate of the Solomons. I think you have exceptionally well to acquire such an historical group.

Thanks for the replies, I would agree with it barely being worn in the Solomon's.

update: I somehow managed to stumble across another one of his possessions, a military crate turned footlocker/storage container on Facebook marketplace.

Well spotted. It seems to suggest someone has recently been disposing of the Moore collection. I wonder what else is out there?

I would very much agree that there's likely other stuff of his floating around at the moment.