Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Essex Home Guard Uniform - thoughts?

Article about: G'day folks, I am not an expert on British Battledress, but have a question regarding a Home Guard uniform that I have owned for some time. How it wound up in Australia, I have no idea. Ther

Quote by JimboCymru View Post
    G'day Rene,

Thanks for offer matey! Does it have a unit patch, or attribution by chance? What date is it?

I currently have the HG battledress jacket up on eBay (as of 11th September 2021 - as this post will age), with a bunch of Australian uniforms - WW2 British 1937-patt Essex Home Guard Sergeant Battledress jacket & lanyard | eBay

Cheers,
    Jim
    Ahh Jim it would be probably a 41 unissued no insignia but all good as I see your EB price. Are you Jim from Melbourne?

Hey Rene, Yes in Melb at the moment but relocating to Canberra soon thanks to the government. Ben at Antik (in Ballarat) has quite a few reasonable AIF tunics in great shape for around the $250-350 mark. I recently sold an almost mint 1943 HQ New Guinea Force tunic (acquired from the family) for $350, and I'd be hoping to get a bit more than that for a more difficult to acquire British Home Guard tunic. I think my start price is very reasonable and on a good day with the right seller (very hard to do on eBay) would go for more than that. Cheers & thanks for the interest though my friend! Jim

Quote by JimboCymru View Post
    Hey Rene, Yes in Melb at the moment but relocating to Canberra soon thanks to the government. Ben at Antik (in Ballarat) has quite a few reasonable AIF tunics in great shape for around the $250-350 mark. I recently sold an almost mint 1943 HQ New Guinea Force tunic (acquired from the family) for $350, and I'd be hoping to get a bit more than that for a more difficult to acquire British Home Guard tunic. I think my start price is very reasonable and on a good day with the right seller (very hard to do on eBay) would go for more than that. Cheers & thanks for the interest though my friend! Jim
    Still want that Zelt ya have! Good luck in CBR I did it there for a bit!

The Zeltbahn with the bullethole? Sold that ages ago. I wish I still had that one! Is it still on the Forums here?

Yes, the Minister of War (wife) isn't looking forward to the move ;-)

Cheers!
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2