Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 or post war made Garand belt?

Article about: Hello, can someone tell me this Garand belt (OD7 shade) is original WW2 or post war made? No markings present... It's the same belt but I asked the seller some additional photos (pink backgr

Default WW2 or post war made Garand belt?

Hello,

can someone tell me this Garand belt (OD7 shade) is original WW2 or post war made?

No markings present...

It's the same belt but I asked the seller some additional photos (pink background)

Any help and/or comment would be welcome.

Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 or post war made Garand belt?   WW2 or post war made Garand belt?  

WW2 or post war made Garand belt?   WW2 or post war made Garand belt?  

WW2 or post war made Garand belt?   WW2 or post war made Garand belt?  

Your M1923 cartridge belt looks like a WWII period belt to me. It has the retainer straps on the belt. These were eliminated on post WWII army contracts but retained on USMC contracts so I think no one can definitively state for sure.
    John

Most web gear that was made during the war, but used in Korea was dyed to OD7. I do own an OD7 USMC marked web belt that is dated 1953 that has the straps. The web gear I have seen that was re-dyed, is usually a lot darker than the post war production belts. Re-dyed equipment usually stinks pretty bad too.

OD7 was introduced in 43, here's a 43 dated hybrid I used to own.