Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Uniforms: English Private and US Doughboy

Article about: English Private WWII A lot of repro gear here. The bayonet frog I bought 40 years ago, at the time I thought it was WWII. I then noticed the strap that protrudes to the left, I wondered what

Default WWI Uniforms: English Private and US Doughboy

English Private WWII
    A lot of repro gear here. The bayonet frog I bought 40 years ago, at the time I thought it was WWII. I then noticed the strap that protrudes to the left, I wondered what it was there for, and was tempted to cut it off. Glad I didn’t, as it happens to be where the Helve Carrier attaches. Another thing that is rare today, thus a repro on my figure. The Cartridge Carriers are selling now for about $500 a side, if you can find them. I do remember about 50 years ago, some one in Arizona was selling these, and other WWI web gear for about $35, how times have changed. Everything that is not marked repro, is original.

US Doughboy
    Here everything is original. The Haversack is filled out with Bacon Tin and Condiment Tin. The Meatcan pouch had the a Meatcan as well as the Knife, Fork, Spoon and Scabbard for Knife. The M1917 Helmet, when I bought it had a Infantry Collar Tab attached to it. I have listed the arms as M1903 Springfield and M1917 Enfield. In the movies you always see the 03 Springfield being used, when in fact far more Enfields were issued. In fact Sgt. York used an Enfield in his well know action.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Uniforms: English Private and US Doughboy   WWI Uniforms: English Private and US Doughboy  

great looking displays