Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII American flight gear authenticity???

Article about: I saw these on Creigslist and wasn’t thinking to ask first if they are the real deal. Oops. What else would I need to have the full uniform? I’m thinking these went to a bombers gunner j

CBH
    ?

For more modern military lifejackets the CO2 screws in, check the valve and see if it threaded internally.
    I knew Phil would be the guy to help you out.

It is not threaded. It just sits in there with the cap screwed on holding it in place

?

Sorry, Double tapped this one!!!

?

Thanks Chris,
    I try to help out where I can. I pass on to others what has been passed on to me.

BOTB,
    I tried to see if I could find a photo of the CO2 marks, but the only image I have is blurry and you can't see crap.
    But the USN marked ones are for Navy and I'm trying to find if all CO2 were marked.
    It looks like it's the original with that corrosion on it. It's got age.
    One looks used (Punctured)the other looks like the seal hasn't been broken. Don't pull down on the lanyard with that one in it, Unless you want to test it for INFLATION!!
    You know these are kept in the actuator housing and wont be seen. But I know I want real war time ones in mine. I have not really looked into it yet.
    Here is mine on my new Phil display
    That is Phil in the photo to the left. I gotta get a B-3 Life Preserver and B-3 shearling jacket $$$ to make this one setup correct.
    The photo is from October 18th 1943 But for now Phil sports the B-4 LP.
    The photo was colorized by one of the members here.(Awesome Job John)

Semper Fi
    Phil

I was tempted to try it but I don’t think I want to ruin an original one. I’ve looked at the c02 cartridges for a while and I don’t see any markings on them. By the way that’s a great set up you got there!

Quote by BattleOfTheBulge25 View Post
    I was tempted to try it but I don’t think I want to ruin an original one. I’ve looked at the c02 cartridges for a while and I don’t see any markings on them. By the way that’s a great set up you got there!
    I got a kick out of inflating my AN6519-1 preserver!
    Here's one of my set ups.

Wow! These setups are stunning! Any recommendations on how to get my hands on a b-3 flight jacket? I’d rather get one that’s a bit beat up and not spend $1000 on it. I’d love to have a few mannequins that are kitted out in full flight gear. I’ve got a German flight jacket also. I’m just getting into collecting flight gear so I’m kind of new to this.

(Sorry it’s rotated wrong. I don’t know why it did that)

I've been out of the market for some time but you can get them here-

Leather: BellsAviation.com - Page 2 of 4

?

That's a nice one.
    So nice I had to fix it!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Yea, I think It looks a bit better the right side up, That’s how I display it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast