Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Battle of Britain Fighter Ace's Medals & logbooks

Article about: This is the best set of WW2 British Medals I have ever had the pleasure to sell. Coming up on Dec 1th as lot 2010 @ bamfords. WW2 RAF Battle of Britain Ace Hurricane / Hurricat Gallantry Med

Default Battle of Britain Fighter Ace's Medals & logbooks

This is the best set of WW2 British Medals I have ever had the pleasure to sell. Coming up on Dec 1th as lot 2010 @ bamfords.

WW2 RAF Battle of Britain Ace Hurricane / Hurricat Gallantry Medal Group Flight Lieutenant Norman Taylor comprising of: Distinguished Flying Cross, Distinguished Flying Medal, 1939-45 Star with Battle of Britain Clasp, Africa Star, Air Crew Europe Star with Atlantic Clasp, War Medal, Air Efficiency Medal (Replacement) The DFM & DFC are complete with original presentation cases: Medal award slip: Award Telegrams, Ribbon Bars with Rosettes: Three Flying Log books which are very well filled in, inc Victory Day Fly Past 1946: Caterpillar Club badge (official replacement as original lost when killed) with documentation & membership card: Photo album inc many fellow Pilots over 130 images: Early pattern C Type flying helmet: Uniform removed RAF Pilots wings: Identity Disc, Smiths Cockpit Clock, Camera, ear plugs, "Victor" Comic on his DFC, letters, newspaper cuttings, etc.

Norman Taylor (RAF officer) - Wikipedia

Battle of Britain London Monument - Sgt. N Taylor

Norman Taylor: Hurricane ace's exploits on land and sea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle of Britain Fighter Ace's Medals & logbooks  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That's a dream grouping Ade. What's the guide price?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

£8,000 to £10,000
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If you can change that estimate to Zimbabwean dollars I'll be in with a chance

That is definitely some 'heavy artillery'. Very impressive grouping.

Superb grouping.

It sold yesterday for £16,500 hammer price. Very pleased with the result.

An impressive group both in terms of condition and content as well as the provenance. The price was just a tad too rich for my blood so I had to pass on it unfortunately
    I really hope it remains in UK!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It is staying here in the UK. I have loved having it on my desk this past few months.

Cheers, Ade.