MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Candian Services Rendered pins

Article about: Hello Forum. Not sure if this is the best place for these. If not please feel free to move appropriately. Just wanted to show off a couple of Services Rendered pins I have come across. Both

Default Candian Services Rendered pins

Hello Forum.

Not sure if this is the best place for these. If not please feel free to move appropriately. Just wanted to show off a couple of Services Rendered pins I have come across. Both were made by Jackson Brothers in Edmonton during WWI. Don't see them very often so thought I would share.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Candian Services Rendered pins   Candian Services Rendered pins  

Candian Services Rendered pins   Candian Services Rendered pins  

Interesting, never seen one before.
    What do they represent?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Nice pins.

Is the 2nd one for men who volunteered but were not accepted due to medical or other conditions?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There's not a lot of information on these that I can find. I assume the first one is for someone who signed up but was later disqualified for some reason. The second for one who offered service but was not able to sign up. These are small lapel pins I would assume given to show that the wearer had tried to sign up but could not. That way there would hopefully be no shaming for that person for not doing their part.

What I would love to find out is what the engraved numbers are for. Was there a list somewhere where the numbers were assigned?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Retreat Hell View Post
    ...... I would assume given to show that the wearer had tried to sign up but could not. That way there would hopefully be no shaming for that person for not doing their part.
    Those were my thoughts as well
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)