Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Group to WWI Veteran

Article about: Im interested in this group but before I enquire further I would like more opinions on it Thanks John

Thumbs up Group to WWI Veteran

Im interested in this group but before I enquire further I would like more opinions on it
    Thanks
    John

Group to WWI VeteranGroup to WWI VeteranGroup to WWI VeteranGroup to WWI VeteranGroup to WWI VeteranGroup to WWI VeteranGroup to WWI VeteranGroup to WWI Veteran

?

Interesting items to a Devil Dog.

I have seen the white diamond before.
    I'll have to dig to see if I can find that info,

The paper work says Private First Class, I like the Sobriety being added to it.
    But the uniform is for a Private.

Are there signs of a strip being on it?
    He could have gotten busted down.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hello John,

Many thanks for your post, the recipient has you no doubt know served in the US House of Representatives

Paul Bartram Dague (May 19, 1898 – December 2, 1974) was a Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania.

Group to WWI Veteran

Best wishes

Andrzej

Very nice grouping! Thanks for sharing.

The white diamond is an honorable discharge patch. Same significance as the ruptured duck patch during WWII. The Marine Corps used the white diamond until 1942 or 1943 I believe. After that they used the ruptured duck along with the other services. I’m not sure when the USMC adopted the patch though. I’ve only seen them on service coats never on blues. It’s also sewn on sideways the long axis should be vertical.