Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying medallion

Article about: Hello all, Not quite sure where to post this so if this is the wrong area please remove. I wonder if someone might be able to identify this medallion I picked up. I thought it was British bu

?

Default Help identifying medallion

Hello all,
    Not quite sure where to post this so if this is the wrong area please remove. I wonder if someone might be able to identify this medallion I picked up. I thought it was British but apparently not. Any help or info is appreciated
    thanks
    Duzig(Bill)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying medallion  

?

A few possibilities England or Denmark, just an idea.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying medallion  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help identifying medallion 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

A BUSH BEE, with a FRENCH FLUER DELEE, on it? very odd. ? maybe a joint effort by the ENGLISH & FRENCH?

This information is not something that I wrote; I found it in a Google Search. Dwight"
    Royal Banner of England" redirects here. For the English heraldic flags used in battles and pageancy, see Royal standards of England.
    Royal arms of England
    (Arms of Plantagenet)
    Royal Arms of England (1198-1340).svg
    Armiger Monarchs of England
    Adopted Late 12th century
    Blazon Gules, three lions passant guardant in pale or armed and langued azure
    Supporters Various
    Motto Dieu et mon droit
    Order(s) Order of the Garter Use
    First and fourth quarters of current Royal coat of arms of the United Kingdom; previously second and third quarters of Royal Arms of England adopted by Edward III of England, until claim on Kingdom of France relinquished
    Unofficial symbol of the nation of England
    (With altered tinctures) emblem of various English national sports teams
    The royal arms of England are the arms first adopted in a fixed form[1] at the start of the age of heraldry (circa 1200) as personal arms by the Plantagenet kings who ruled England from 1154.[2] In the popular mind they have come to symbolise the nation of England, although according to heraldic usage nations do not bear arms, only persons and corporations do (however in Western Europe, especially in today's France, arms can be territorial civil emblems).[3] The blazon of the arms of Plantagenet is: Gules, three lions passant guardant in pale or armed and langued azure,[4][5] signifying three identical gold lions (also known as leopards) with blue tongues and claws, walking past but facing the observer, arranged in a column on a red background. Although the tincture azure of tongue and claws is not cited in many blazons, they are historically a distinguishing feature of the arms of England. This coat, designed in the High Middle Ages, has been variously combined with those of the Kings of France, Scotland, a symbol of Ireland, the House of Nassau and the Kingdom of Hanover, according to dynastic and other political changes occurring in England, but has not altered since it took a fixed form in the reign of Richard I of England (1189–1199), the second Plantagenet king.

?

I thank all of you who answered my query. it looks like I'm going to have to do a little more research on this item.
    thanks again