Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help Needed

Article about: [ATTACH=CONFIG] I am looking for any information on the attached medals. My Grandfather passed away in October at the age of 93. I never got the chance to go through with him what they were

Looks like he served in the R.E.M.E. , Royal electrical Mechanical Engineers ,regards Paul P.S. CFN is a the Rank of Private in the R.E.M.E. (Craftsman)

?

The Loyal Service Badge is a WWII version or the Silver War Badge which was issued if invalided out of the services for whatever reason. If your grandfather was discharged in the normal way the badge may have belonged to another member of your family.

Applying for his service record https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-...vice-personnel will show you his full medal entitlement and movements during the war. His arrival date in France should be noted in his paybook.

Tony

Thank you all for the information and help that you have given. Did not expect what I have found. There are discharged papers in the tin that I have so I will dig a little deeper into what is there.

Thanks

Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2