Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

My family history

Article about: A photo of my great grandfather from my mums side who saw action in Middle East (training in the mME) and who also served on the Kokoda trail and aitape and wewak all with the 2/3 insntry di

?

Default My family history

A photo of my great grandfather from my mums side who saw action in Middle East (training in the mME) and who also served on the Kokoda trail and aitape and wewak all with the 2/3 insntry division.My family history these are his medals. I will post better photos soon as I will be receiving them for Anzac Day. My family history and this is a photo. His service number is NX39922 I also had a great great uncle who died his name was alwyn latimar clarke

It's a great honour I believe to become the next custodian of a passed relatives medals. Great family history thanks for showing, regards Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    It's a great honour I believe to become the next custodian of a passed relatives medals. Great family history thanks for showing, regards Paul
    I agree!

I will be particularly interested to see the Australia Service Medal as they don't often appear in UK. If possible it would be great to see close up images of the naming style too.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi. I have two Aussie service medals they do have to be my favourite. The one I have it’s I’m not good condition but it’s a great example. I have a defence medal to a British born subject in great condition with original issue and compliment’s. Medal collecting is really good for me as better then helmets

Quote by Will95 View Post
    Hi. I have two Aussie service medals they do have to be my favourite. The one I have it’s I’m not good condition but it’s a great example. I have a defence medal to a British born subject in great condition with original issue and compliment’s. Medal collecting is really good for me as better then helmets
    Give us a looksy please, here's mine

?

Apologies if you already knew this, but you can see John Latimer Clarke's 15 page WWII file on National Archives website. You must be very proud of your G-Grandfathers WWII service.
    Cheers.

?

Hi. Yes I was since I’m the direct descendant of him. Luckly his daughter is still alive. He had a brother alwyn latimar Clarke who died on hmas Yarra he was my great great uncle. My g.g.g uncle saw service in Middle East and the pacific. I never knew the family history I had. I own the original photo of my great grandad. He was awarded an honourable discharge.