Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Navy Occuption and Bronze Star WW2 era?

Article about: I believe the Bronze star to be WW2 era due to the slot brooch. I am unsure about the Navy Occupation medal however. Would these two medals be acceptable in a WW2 USA collection? Sorry the p

Default Is this Navy Occuption and Bronze Star WW2 era?

I believe the Bronze star to be WW2 era due to the slot brooch. I am unsure about the Navy Occupation medal however. Would these two medals be acceptable in a WW2 USA collection? Sorry the photos are not the best they are from the dealer, I'm debating whether to add them to my ww2 collection. Thanks so much for any help,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Navy Occuption and Bronze Star WW2 era?   Is this Navy Occuption and Bronze Star WW2 era?  

Is this Navy Occuption and Bronze Star WW2 era?   Is this Navy Occuption and Bronze Star WW2 era?  

Yes both would be a good fit for a WWII medal display. The bronze star with the slotted broach is late war period. The navy occupation medal is technically a post war award since it was awarded for service in occupied areas after hostilities so all medals were manufactured and issued after WWII. But with that being said this medal appears to me to be an earlier issued one with I direct link to the aftermath of the war.

Totally agree with the above assessment , Regards Paul

Both medals are in good condition.. I would have no issues adding them to my collection...

Smitty