Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need help. Unknown ribbon bars

Article about: Happy Sunday morning everyone. I just found this lot of ribbon bars for sale, in a popular Spanish collection page. As you can see it is about eight ribbon bars. I have numbered them from 1

?

#6 is definitely Italian, although I can't find the actual medal look at the similarity in the color scheme to this one. I will keep my eyes open for one.

Whoa, I wasn't aware Italy swapped sides during the War.. that's not something they taught us in school. Mainly just that Hitler was this "horrible monster who murdered millions..." lot's of negativity.

It says Italy declared war on Germany in 1943, against their one time axis partners. Interesting

Hi, gentlemen.
    Finally yesterday I bought the lot. The price was really very good for the eight single ribbon bars.
    In a few days I will upload images of the Spanish and German ribbon bars with my Blue Division medals; and of the Italian ribbon bars with my badges and medals from Italy in World War II.
    Of course something is clear: this is not the right place in the forum for this thread.
    I say this in case the moderator considers it convenient to move it to another place such as "Axis militaria" or another more appropriate one.
    Best regards.

Santi

?

Santi, I look forward to seeing them in detail.

Regards, Al.

Default The postman arrived

1. Spanish War Cross
    2. Red Cross of Military Merit
    3. East Front Medal
    4. German Medal for Spanish volunteers of the Blue Division "Anticomunista"

The Red Cross of Military Merit is a pretty handmade ribbon, since the white stripe is embroidered on a red ribbon.
    The sizes of all the ribbon are somewhat different.
    The two ribbons of the German decorations are somewhat larger than those of the two Spanish.

This picture is better. My Spanish decorations are original. The anticommunist is a reproduction.

The italian ribbon bars with others of my collection and with my "Merito di Guerra" medal.

Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 05-14-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Finally, a composition with my soldier from the "Monte Cervino" Battalion during the Russian campaign.
    Some veterans of the CTV of the Spanish Civil War went to die a few years later on the banks of the Don.
    Who knows if anyone wore a ribbon in their uniform made in the old military effects store in Barcelona where these ribbons come from ...
    We will never know.

Fantastic work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2