Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Original Pacific Star/Burma clasp?

Article about: Hi all, I have the option of picking up this Pacific Star with Burma clasp, and I wanted to get some opinions on its originality. I've handled a few other WW2 campaign stars and the star its

Default Original Pacific Star/Burma clasp?

Hi all,

I have the option of picking up this Pacific Star with Burma clasp, and I wanted to get some opinions on its originality. I've handled a few other WW2 campaign stars and the star itself looks ok to me, but I haven't yet acquired one of the clasps and I know there are more and more copies available now.

Do this medal and clasp tick all the right boxes for those who have worked with them before? To me the U in "Burma" looks much more V-like than in pictures of other originals I've seen, but that might be just a trick of the light...

Thanks so much in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Pacific Star/Burma clasp?   Original Pacific Star/Burma clasp?  

Medal good , clasp wrong. Check out my thread page 4, 24 down. Cant post links or pix keep getting logged out?? Regards Paul

Thanks Paul! I wasn't able to locate the thread you mean...found a few different ones about the campaign stars and the one about the fake D-day clasp, but not one that had 4 pages to it. Would love a link if it'll let you post one...sorry it's giving you trouble!

Page 4 of this part of the forum, Regards Paul
    Original Pacific Star/Burma clasp?

Hurrah got it to upload this time! Look at the shape of the letters & the position of the teeth compared to the one you posted, Regards Paul

Aha, wonderful! Yeah, the lettering didn't seem quite right to me either. Great to have this one to compare it to. Thanks so much! I'll keep hunting for one with the original clasp.