Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post War Occupation Service Medal.

Article about: Yet another from Sundays haul. This is a post war Occupation Service medal. What Allied collection would be complete without at least on of these? Thanks for looking!

Default Post War Occupation Service Medal.

Yet another from Sundays haul.
    This is a post war Occupation Service medal. What Allied collection would be complete without at least one of these?
    Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by carpediem; 08-15-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Great looking medal, there is also a Navy/Marine Corps version and the 2 authorized clasps were Asia and Europe..

For the Army Occupation medal the authorized Bars were Germany or Japan..

I have also seen some Army veterans that were on Occupation Duty in Japan, take the medal pendant and reverse it so that Mt Fujiyama was on the front of the medal and the Abutments of the Remagen Bridge were on the back..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Great looking medal, there is also a Navy/Marine Corps version and the 2 authorized clasps were Asia and Europe..

For the Army Occupation medal the authorized Bars were Germany or Japan..

I have also seen some Army veterans that were on Occupation Duty in Japan, take the medal pendant and reverse it so that Mt Fujiyama was on the front of the medal and the Abutments of the Remagen Bridge were on the back..

Smitty
    Thanks for the reply Smitty! I have also seen an example with a device to indicate participation in the Berlin airlift.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Thanks for the reply Smitty! I have also seen an example with a device to indicate participation in the Berlin airlift.
    Yes that is also an accepted Device for this medal..

I still have mine when it was issued to me when I was stationed in Berlin.. Still in the blue award box...

Smitty