Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Purple Heart

Article about: All I"m NOT a US medal collector, there was something else in the lot I was after. (WW2 Soviet) My simple look at this says, if it is real, it is a well worn WW2 purple heart? Does anyo

Default Purple Heart

All
    I"m NOT a US medal collector, there was something else in the lot I was after. (WW2 Soviet) My simple look at this says, if it is real, it is a well worn WW2 purple heart? Does anyone have a correction? It came with some other US medals as well (air service and WW1 victory).

Any information welcomed.
    Purple HeartPurple HeartPurple Heart

It looks like a well worn late WW2 or later medal. I don't see any marking on the side of the medal itself?

I agree 100% with Blackcat.. WW2 era Purple Heart that has not been stored well over the years.. Maybe came from a home where people had smoked..

Would like to see the other medals it came with (if possible)

Smitty

Thanks all, worth moving it on or just throw it in a box? Any value to a collector? Again, I was after the WW2 soviet combat award in the lot.

Folks are always looking for WW2 era PHs, so someone might be interested. Are there any numbers on the rim?

Smitty

I'll dig it out and look at the rim......got distracted by the Order of Glory 3rd class in the group.

- - ------- - -

BTW, came with a Japanese order of the golden Kite 7th class too.

Quote by meyerse View Post
    Thanks all, worth moving it on or just throw it in a box? Any value to a collector? Again, I was after the WW2 soviet combat award in the lot.
    I hope it doesn't get just thrown into a box... Sadly unnamed, but the owner shed blood for this.

Don't worry! I'll put it in a NICE box, not with a bunch of paperclips et all! I take care of all of it no matter the value, just have more than I can display. Just won't push something no one else has interest in......

Quote by meyerse View Post
    Don't worry! I'll put it in a NICE box, not with a bunch of paperclips et all! I take care of all of it no matter the value, just have more than I can display. Just won't push something no one else has interest in......
    This isn't a place where no one has interest in anything like this meyerse.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    This isn't a place where no one has interest in anything like this meyerse.
    I'll find a good home for it then. It needs someone who can appreciate it fully

maybe I'll make a custom box for it before I move it on ;-)