Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Purple Heart - Original ou Fake?

Article about: Hi to all., This Purple Heart Medal its original or fake? Best Regards., Von River

Default Purple Heart - Original ou Fake?

Hi to all.,

This Purple Heart Medal its original or fake?

Best Regards.,

Von River

If its original its a very modern production. to be fair i don't like it very much, the quality is woeful & the image of George Washington lacks so much detail. I can't imagine the US government awarding such a sub standard version. Have a look around the Forum, Recently there has been a few modern ones posted & the quality in all cases is better than this one. I would hold out for a better example if i were you Regards paul P.S. here's my WW2 produced version.

MAP
    ?

Definitely a modern example with the crimp brooch. While I'm unsure on originality I would pass based on the poor enameling alone. (I find the newer made awards do not have the level of detail as older awards).

PH's are not hard to find. Even older WW2 examples. And they are not too expensive.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This is a Chinese made copy of the Purple Heart.

The ribbon is too thick and the crimp brooch is not typical of US manufacturing..

Smitty

I will also add that if you look closely at the pin on the back you will see excess pin material under the side on the right. This small excess pin material would not be on US manufactured awards. The large hole on the opposite side (left) on the brooch itself is also not typical of US manufacturing/design.

The poor details in Washington's silhouette as well as the high placement on the heart itself are indications of poor foreign manufacturing.
    Last edited by Rakkasan187; 08-24-2021 at 03:23 PM.