Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purple Heart un named

Article about: Managed to pick up what looks like an early PH, not named or complete i need to source lapel pin etc, box looks like the early single line type, got it at a nice price so quite happy with it

Default Purple Heart un named

Managed to pick up what looks like an early PH, not named or complete i need to source lapel pin etc, box looks like the early single line type, got it at a nice price so quite happy with it.
    Purple Heart un namedPurple Heart un namedPurple Heart un namedPurple Heart un namedPurple Heart un named

Very nice slot brooch Purple Heart. The ribbon and lapel pin should not be too hard to find...

Smitty

Thanks, the search as started. Plenty in the States although shipping is costly for such small items.

?

Very nice one!!

Is it numbered?

Semper Fi
    Phil

thanks Phil, i can not see any numbers , should it have them.

?

You are quite welcome Greatwhite.
    Here is a site that I use for info on Purple hearts. It explains the history and the type of brooches and numbering

The Purple Heart

Semper Fi
    Phil

Brilliant Phil thanks for that link, going on that data i think it is a mark 111, 1943-45 made, unsure if the box is original to the medal though, it is in super condition regardless, Steve

Nice WWII medal. The box looks original and period tome. I have several exactly like that.

Thanks
    Burt

Hi guys just to bump this, i have the lapel pin now, also found this but am i correct that the ribbon bar is post war with clasp fittings.

Purple Heart un named

Greatwhite,

Yes, this is a post WW2 clutch back ribbon. Not uncommon to see these being placed on WW2 uniforms by family members wanting to reconstruct their loved ones WW2 uniforms. This is a current issue ribbon but it can be dated as far back as the 60's. When I get a chance this weekend I will look and see if I have an extra WW2 era pin back Purple Heart Ribbon you can have..

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast