Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Recent estate sale find!

Article about: Found this set at an estate sale unfortunately wasn't able to get a name or information about the original recipient.

Default Re: Recent estate sale find!

I never find military Items at estate sales but I usually find a lot of nice tools cheap which suffices

I agree. estate sales are a great place to find things. I know this sounds a little morbid, but I look in the death notices in my local news paper to see if they were a Veteran. If so I will watch for his estate sale in about 2 or 3 months. If it is a family I know. I will pay my Condolences and still watch for the sale. A lot of people know I like Military history and that is all they know. They will sometimes offer me there late loved ones military items. As they have no use for them. I NEVER ASK before being offered. I did pick up a luger that way once. I do give the family a fair price if they will take it.
    All in All. I like going to Auctions.
    Just my Thoughts this morning.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

It is rare but ww2 items pop up from time to time at estate and even yard sales. Its even harder to find them not at astronomical prices. I prefer the sales that don't advertise they have military collectibles so it's a fun surprise when you find it. If you do advertise ww2 items expect people to show hours before the sale opens whether you say "no early birds" or not. I'm always respectful of sellers instructions so I miss out most of the time. I love the history attached to these kinds of war related items. When I was younger I was less of a collector and more of a reseller so their are things when I think back I wish I had never sold. *sigh*
    Anyways, I'm going to purchase some ww2 photos tonight from someone so I will post how it goes in a few. Wish me luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2