Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two medals from a local shop.

Article about: I found these two medals in an antique shop yesterday along with a British WWI Brodie helmet in relic condition from some trench in France. I bought them all (helmet will be posted Christmas

See if there is any information in here..

https://history.army.mil/html/books/..._Pub_10-11.pdf

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Rusty,

You should really petition the Military for replacement awards. Not sure if you can do it yourself or if it needs to be a next of Kin. You can also request his service records.

Here is a link to get you going......

Replace Veterans' Medals, Awards, and Decorations | National Archives

Nice pick ups btw. 5 Bronze Stars? Wow. That is amazing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I know quite a bit of history concerning the 483rd Ordnance Evacuation Company. My father belonged to that company. 11 men from his county in Mississippi were in the 483rd. In the 1960's they were the ones who organized the first of many reunions of which I attended several as a youngster, and then again in the 1990's.

At one of the later reunions I was given an original company photo (Camp Cook I believe), as well as many of the daily reports from late 1944 through 1945. I would love to find the daily reports for 1943 and 1944 if they exist, but I do have a general timeline from those years.

Dad loved telling war stories and he was mesmerizing to listen to when I was a kid. I just wish I had written them down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2