Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US Distinguished flying cross

Article about: Hi guys in my quest for a few more awards of the United states i picked up this early DFC in its box with the button hole pin. Unfortunately the pin back medal ribbon bar is missing (if anyo

Did anyone notice that this is the navy/usmc version based on the welded ring and the dull looking planchet? The army version was much glittier. Probably late war US Mint based on the slot broach.

US Distinguished flying crossUS Distinguished flying crossUS Distinguished flying cross

In the photos, one on the left is USN version and the one on the right is the army version.

Congratulations!!! These are hard to come by. Please let me know if you’re selling it.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Medalcollector View Post
    Did anyone notice that this is the navy/usmc version based on the welded ring and the dull looking planchet? The army version was much glittier. Probably late war US Mint based on the slot broach.

US Distinguished flying crossUS Distinguished flying crossUS Distinguished flying cross

In the photos, one on the left is USN version and the one on the right is the army version.

Congratulations!!! These are hard to come by. Please let me know if you’re selling it.
    Going to have to look at mine now
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2