MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British campaign medal clasps (bars)

Article about: Hi folks, By way of a reference for those that are interested in WW2 British campaign medals here is my nearly complete collection of originals. The only two missing are the "BATTLE OF

Default WW2 British campaign medal clasps (bars)

Hi folks, By way of a reference for those that are interested in WW2 British campaign medals here is my nearly complete collection of originals. The only two missing are the "BATTLE OF BRITAIN" & the "BOMBER COMMAND" (Don't want to sell a kidney just yet) For further reference here is another link that includes those. The Battle of Britain clasp to the 1939/45 Star: identifying originals and copies Best regards, Paul

[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British campaign medal clasps (bars)   WW2 British campaign medal clasps (bars)  

WW2 British campaign medal clasps (bars)   WW2 British campaign medal clasps (bars)  

Very nice! thanks for showing.

Been collecting and studying these as well and i am pleased that the ones i do have match yours. so many copies around.
    I am the same as you, i don't think i will ever own the expensive ones.

thanks for sharing.
    Rod

Great to see these. As you will know there are probably more fakes of these than were ever issued and many originals were undoubtedly lost because they were not issued sewn to the ribbon just loose in the envelope. As many medals were never worn by the recipients or even mounted the clasps have tended to come adrift when the medals were later played with by enthusiastic schoolboys!

Thanks for showing and if I find a spare BoB or Bomber Clasp I'll give you a shout

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."