Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Medal Grouping

Article about: Hi All, My most recent pickup today, a group of medals with the box naming them to J. E. Bollington of Bullbridge, Ambergate, Derbyshire. The grouping still has the medal index issue sheet.

Default WW2 Medal Grouping

Hi All,

My most recent pickup today, a group of medals with the box naming them to J. E. Bollington of Bullbridge, Ambergate, Derbyshire. The grouping still has the medal index issue sheet. As usual it's difficult to prove whether or not the medals and boxes truly belong together, however a nice group of medals to have in unworn condition.

Attempting to do research shows there are a few J. E. Bollingtons around the address on the box and nothing on Forces War Records at this moment. I believe it's likely he would have been Naval with this group of medals.

The Group consists of six medals, two clasps all with a length of original ribbon and the paper sleeves for them.

I've not correctly ordered them in the pictures so I'll follow the pictures order.

The Africa Star, with a North Africa 1942-43 Clasp.

The Burma Star with the Pacific Clasp. This one appears to have some mottling to the finish on the medal itself.

The Italy Star.

The 1939-45 Star.

The Atlantic Star.

Finally the War Medal.

I hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Medal Grouping   WW2 Medal Grouping  

WW2 Medal Grouping   WW2 Medal Grouping  

WW2 Medal Grouping  

?

Nice & nteresting set for sure Matt. I hope you find info on Mr. Bollington.
    Regards
    Jack

Great find Matt, they look great ! I think you've made a good assumption there regarding the branch of service & I'm sure you'll get a lead to the family with a bit of hunting around, good luck mate !
    Paul

Very nice indeed! Regards Paul

Great grouping.
    John

Great find! Very interesting to see the mottling on the Burma Star as well. I've got a different star with a similar finish on it but hadn't seen that effect before, so it's good to see an example like this that has the mottling even in unworn condition.
    Last edited by Hastriq; 04-09-2024 at 04:29 PM.

Just seeing this now. A wonderful grouping.

Smitty