Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWII King's Badge - King's Liverpool Regiment

Article about: Hello folks. First 'new item' post in a while. I have still been buying things, but with a house move coming up I've had to keep thingson the small side. (For now!) This item in itself is no

Default WWII King's Badge - King's Liverpool Regiment

Hello folks.

First 'new item' post in a while. I have still been buying things, but with a house move coming up I've had to keep thingson the small side. (For now!)

This item in itself is not particularly rare. They are common, cheap and not very desirable, due to the vast majority of them having no documented history regarding their original recipients. These badges were awarded during the Second World War to British servicemen who were wounded in service, and were discharged as a result of their wounds. Unlike the Silver War Badge issued in WWI, this badge features a buttonhole attachment, similar to those seen on male ARP badges. Also unlike the WWI badge, it was not engraved as standard. Despite often being referred to as a silver war badge, these badges are in fact made of plated white metal.

As stated previously, most of these badges have no documented history. They are often found as part of medal groupings, but when found alone they have little provenance linking them to a specific individual. This is not one of those badges.

The badge's recipient has had his details engraved on the back, around the reverse edge. They read 'A. FERRAN. BEF 1940'. While there is no service number present, the seller of this badge was able to track it down to a specific recipient: Private A. Ferran, of the King's Liverpool Regiment, service number 3775404. As indicated by the reverse of the badge, Private Ferran was a part of the BEF. He was wounded on 13th August 1940, a date which postdates the Battle of France (25th June 1940). I can only guess that Ferran was evacuated successfully during Operation Dynamo or the later Operation Aerial, and received his wounds later in his service.

A nice little pickup, especially as the King's Liverpool Regiment was the one my great grandfather served in, albeit later, starting in 1941.

WWII King's Badge - King's Liverpool RegimentWWII King's Badge - King's Liverpool Regiment

Regards, B.B.

?

Hello, the badge looks nice. Raul

very good to see a named example as they were not named and in most cases the history is lost, as the numbers do not survive on a register of those to whom they were issued.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice badge,
    Ive never seen one, thanks for sharing.
    Cheers Rick

Thanks, guys. I initially jumped on it because of the King’s Regiment connection, but finding out after the fact that named examples are so rare was a nice surprise.

B.B.

The example I have, like all of them, has no number,it was the TA badge which has a number sequence which is unknown as to the recipients
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.