Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

3 Unidentified Unit Insignias

Article about: I've spent two days trying to identify these three DUIs and cannot find them. The two red shielded insignia with the field piece and horse head are similar to the 104th FA are marked for Mar

Default 3 Unidentified Unit Insignias

I've spent two days trying to identify these three DUIs and cannot find them. The two red shielded insignia with the field piece and horse head are similar to the 104th FA and might have a connection. They are marked for Martin Kahn and Minero-Newcome, Co. which is older than the other so the crest must have been in use during the 40s until Korea at the very least. The red keystone on white shield must have a Pennsylvania connection and a connection to the 103rd Cavalry or part of the 190th FA they were converted to in 1940. It is unmarked and I would guess post WWII and maybe a crest for some scattered elements of the regiment for Korea. Finally, the bucking horse has completely alluded me. My first thought was aviation related. The heraldry books don't mention any bucking horses, stallions or chragers except the typical Wyoming units with their horse and rider symbols. I even checked French aviation units even though it is not a typical french badge but knowing their units trained in the US I hoped maybe they ordered some. I have turned up nothing. I cannot find it as a school or academy crest either. It is unmarked but has the early WWII screw style clutches you see from companies like Amcraft but even the clutches are unmarked. If you guys recognize them let me know.

3 Unidentified Unit Insignias3 Unidentified Unit Insignias3 Unidentified Unit Insignias3 Unidentified Unit Insignias3 Unidentified Unit Insignias

?

Top one is pretty close to 104th field artillery

I know I agree I even looked to see if they changed their crest at any point between WWII and Korea or had any subordinate units get reassigned that might have used it. I also went through the artillery schools but couldn't find anything. I thought those two would be the easiest to find.

?

Tough when they don't have words