Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

best of my welsh cap & collar badges

Article about: best of my welsh cap & collar badges in metal

Default best of my welsh cap & collar badges

best of my welsh cap & collar badges in metal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture best of my welsh cap & collar badges  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry

Can you educate me (maybe the forum) on the era of the cap and collar badges also the metal types-I stuggle with British metal insignia type.

Also what or who are the Welsh (c?) FISH Guard!!!

cheers

Phill

Phil, most of these are Edwardian and great war.

Fishguard is the only battle honour awarded for an action in the UK, when the caslemartin yeomanry defeated french invaders who had landed near there during the Napoleonic wars. They became the Pembroke Yeomanry. The badges shown for them include officers pattern silver and gilt cap & collars, as well as bronze osd badges of two patterns ,one very rare with extended scrolls, as well as white metal and an other ranks bimetal cap badge for which I have the matching collars not shown.
    There are osd cap and collar badges for 1st, 2nd & 3rd bn Monmouthshire regiments, silver and silver plate swb badges, Welsh regiment, Welsh horse, Welsh guards, rwf, Montgomery yeomanry, and Denbighshire hussars yeomanry
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry

It is always good to see a collectors favourites and also for forum members a bit of the history.

I have to say for me The Pembroke Yeomanry Fishguard cap and collars stood out and had me intrigued and all the cap and collars are such a wonderful historical sets.

Thanks again for showing.

Phill

Phil the pembroke yeomanry are are very desirable badges to get and out of my metal shoulder titles collection for the welsh units they are the only one I do not have any examples of the 4 variants that have been produced for them.

showing the memorial stone near where the landing by the French took place, a regular coast path walk I undertake with my wife.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture best of my welsh cap & collar badges   best of my welsh cap & collar badges  

best of my welsh cap & collar badges   best of my welsh cap & collar badges  

Regards,

Jerry

Thanks again Jerry

What a nice monument and a beautiful part of the Welsh coast.

My curiosity got to the better of me and I had to look up Fishguard and came across the below site,to put this in historical context for those of us who are fascinated with military history and "The Battle of Fish Guard Bay", was the last foreign invasion of Britain in 1797 during the Napoleonic wars.

A plan of Fishguard Bay | Royal Museums Greenwich

Phill