Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

British 49th (West Riding) Division Polar Bear Patch

Article about: Hello, can I get some help authenticating this patch? It looks original to me but I'm not familiar with British patches. The design looks a little different from other examples Ive seen. For

Default British 49th (West Riding) Division Polar Bear Patch

Hello, can I get some help authenticating this patch? It looks original to me but I'm not familiar with British patches. The design looks a little different from other examples Ive seen. For example, I dont see a line splitting the front legs apart. Also, I have never seen a patch with a cardboard stiffener in the back. Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British 49th (West Riding) Division Polar Bear Patch   British 49th (West Riding) Division Polar Bear Patch  

British 49th (West Riding) Division Polar Bear Patch  

A well used original imo with user added card stiffener, all period, even with the missing line, which has just faded with use.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you Jerry, I thought it would be pretty tough to fake that kind of wear & aging. Have you ever seen this kind of stiffener used on these patches before?

I certainly see no issues with it being original to the badge, though probably not a common thing to see.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.