Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

CAP grouping

Article about: Was at a sale last weekend and came across this little grouping . Gary

?

Default CAP grouping

Was at a sale last weekend and came across this little grouping . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CAP grouping   CAP grouping  

CAP grouping   CAP grouping  

CAP grouping  

Very interesting, never heard of that before! Were they a post war organisation ? I only say that because the badge says USAF. Nice grouping buttons as well! Regards ,Paul

?

Thanks for looking Paul. It started in 1936 but wasn't official till 1941 . The family I got this grouping from said je was in around 1952 . Gary

?

Got a his ID and another captain bar from the family today . I like how it looks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CAP grouping  

MAP
    ?

Nice. Roosevelt Field (where Lindbergh took off) was a CAP airfield. I grew up just walking distance away. Now it's a mall..........
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thats yo bad so much history lost to development.

MAP
    ?

Yup. But Long Island now is all developed. Next to the famous Roosevelt Field, their was also Mitchell Field. Another huge USAAF airfield. I was just a 3 min walk from there too. All developed now as well. As a kid much still remained. We used to dig bullets up out of the firing range.

Also, my childhood home (which I am now selling as part of my mothers estate) was built in the 1920, on top of Camp Mills. a large US Army base for the WW1 Rainbow division, and finally less than a 1/2 mile away was a Civil War base.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)