Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Dating Army Infantry School Badge

Article about: hello gentlemen, I found this army Infantry School emblem in a lot of a Brazilian general. I know that during the 40's, during the 2nd world war, he was sent to the US to do internships in t

?

Default Dating Army Infantry School Badge

hello gentlemen,

I found this army Infantry School emblem in a lot of a Brazilian general. I know that during the 40's, during the 2nd world war, he was sent to the US to do internships in the US army as part of the Brazilian war effort.
    So I was wondering if this emblem could be from this period, but it seems it isn't.

What do you think?

Thanks
    Dating Army Infantry School BadgeDating Army Infantry School BadgeDating Army Infantry School BadgeDating Army Infantry School Badge

US Army DUI (Distinctive Unit Insignia)

The Pinback would date between the 30s 40s and 50s.

The US Army Infantry School was established in 1918.

The unit crest design was approved in April 1935 so it very possible that this belonged to the General..

Best regards,

Smitty

Hi team

I would agree with Smitty.

DUI proliferated during WWII C 1942-1943 and were available at PX stores.

Your Pin back would more likely be WWII era , which would match the Brazilian Generals internship at the school.

Quite a nice DUI

cheers

Phill

?

Thanks for the comments gentlemen!
    I thought the characteristics of the pin would not correspond to the period of the 40s.
    But since it seems to be, it's really cool because not many Brazilians were sent to do an internship in the USA