Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Father in Law's Insignia US Army 8th Armored Div Ft. Knox, KY. ETO

Article about: Attached are scans of my Father in Law's insign ia my wife just gave me. It has been in a scrap book since the 1950's. e was a Motor Pool Private/Corporal then made a Sgt. and trained as a M

Default Father in Law's Insignia US Army 8th Armored Div Ft. Knox, KY. ETO

Attached are scans of my Father in Law's insign ia my wife just gave me. It has been in a scrap book since the 1950's. e was a Motor Pool Private/Corporal then made a Sgt. and trained as a Medic. Broke his ankle in a company baseball game and was recycled to another outfit. Good for hom as most of his company was either killed on the beach or in the hedgerows in Normandy.
    He entered the ETO via one of the mulberry harbors (Cherborg?) and his Ambulance hit an unmarked mine just off the causeway and he was almost killed. (I will scan pix I have of that).
    Attached are scans of his uniform insignia, both sides since I know how much Ade and the boys like to see the reverse backing. Father in Law's Insignia US Army 8th Armored Div Ft. Knox, KY. ETOFather in Law's Insignia US Army 8th Armored Div Ft. Knox, KY. ETOFather in Law's Insignia US Army 8th Armored Div Ft. Knox, KY. ETOFather in Law's Insignia US Army 8th Armored Div Ft. Knox, KY. ETO

Default Re: Father in Law's Insignia US Army 8th Armored Div Ft. Knox, KY. ETO

Thanks for sharing them and his story. A little quirk of fate and like you say, a life possibly saved. You just cannot beat family items.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Looks like a ETO patch is theater made. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Rich,

The ETO patches are the 2 at the bottom or the 8th Armored patche that has no * on it?

Just wondering...

?

The ETO without the OD border. It kind of looks like my British made ones. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Yeah, the rubberised type.........
    Regards,

Steve.