Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A Few of My Bits - Home Guard, WAAC to QMAAC to ATS to WRAC, MTC, FANY, Nursing

Article about: Here are a few pictures of my collections of Home Front and women's services. Terry

?

what service are the 2 WABBITS IN?

?

now that is a field of collecting that I would never heard of and never thought of. and it is the most impressive one ever seen,. how long did it take to assemble it? it is just phenomenal in my opinion. just the best! I can't get over it.

Composite, I actually do have a couple of helmets, a busbies and an 1840 French officers helmet, plus a few West Point shakos, an unknown shako and a QARANC beret. No more room for those since we downsized our home.

Terry

Terry,

A very impressive collection of Home Front artifacts..

I have a few of my grandfather's Civil Defense Items, he was an Air Raid Warden near the Maine Coast and I have his reflective Same Browne belt, Civil Defense Helmet and his Civil Defense Identity Card..

Your collection is quite impressive and detailed..

Thank you for sharing with us

Smitty

Thank you for the additional kind comments. I do enjoy collecting, and this arena has been a very enjoyable one.

Toot, I started collecting this new pursuit last December, and decided to be very aggressive at the get go, but am slowing now as items can become more dear. There are still a lot of gaps, and I continue to seek new bits. The bunnies belong to the Bunny Mom's Bunny Brigade! We love bunnies and have had them as pets for the past 20 years, after we retired. They are not an easy care pet, but not overly demanding at the same time - most sources recommend being able to commit at least 2 hours a day to their care. Might be tough to give proper care while working full time? You also have to decide on bunnies or stuff, because they gnaw everything even though you bunny proof rooms. We've been through, printer cables, keyboard cables, TV power cords, head phone cables, our furniture is all well gnawed, plus base boards, however in our eyes they can do no wrong, and we understand the need to gnaw because their front teeth never stop growing so they gnaw to keep them worn down. They are also free roam bunnies. They loving, breathing creatures of God, and have such amazing personalities. Opps, I can talk about bunnies for hours without taking a breath!!! Still pretty hard to be uspet when they look like this!!!

Smitty, very cool about your grandfather!

Terry

Nice collection you've got there. Is that a Leicestershire Regiment OCA badge I spy?

Regards

Martin

?

you do not have a WAR ROOM what you have is a MUSEAUM, and a GREAT ONE AT THAT!!

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Is that a Leicestershire Regiment OCA badge I spy?
    Looks like it to me. 1st Leicester HG (Home Guard) OCA (Old Comrades Association) lapel badge. I believe it should have the "half moon" type buttonhole fastener on the back?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Very interesting collection Terry and what you have gathered since last year is impressive.

Sorry for the tardy reply. Yes, that is a Leicestershire HG lapel pin with the half moon button on the back. I've picked up a few new bits and would like to try and add them here.

Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Few of My Bits - Home Guard, WAAC to QMAAC to ATS to WRAC, MTC, FANY, Nursing  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast