Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll..

Article about: Hello everone!!!, This is my first post on a POST WW2 item...I got this from an old vet who either said it was on his jacket or was to be on his jacket,Obviously it is custom made,Well at le

Default Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll..

Hello everone!!!,
    This is my first post on a POST WW2 item...I got this from an old vet who either said it was on his jacket or was to be on his jacket,Obviously it is custom made,Well at least he had said he had it made or someone in unit(unknown!)had them made...He was very hard to understand.I also got a very cool "ditty bag" from him&it appears to be WW2 era and i have never seen the EXACT patch that is sown on it(i'll add a pic)
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks for your time! Happy hunting all!!!
    Patch is approx.5in.>/3in.^
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll..   Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll..  

Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll..   Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll..  

Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll..  

Default I.d. Of patch...

Well it took some searching and researching(YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY!!!) I found out(i was in the U.S.Navy 1975-80)that these are called"LIBERTY CUFFS" AS THE WERE WORN/HIDDEN Inside the cuff as they were not regulation.This tradition ended in the early 70's due to new order saying sailors can leave ship in "civies" instead of their "cracker jacks"...To me very cool! So apparently this vet was trying to tell me how they were worn,But as i said he was hard to understand and he MUST of been at the test site(s)...HAPPY HUNTING ALL&THANK YOU FOR INPUT!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll..   Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll..  

Attached Images Attached Images Help with i.d. On patch post ww2(1946-?)bikini atoll.. 

Yes that is a liberty cuff. Had not seen the Bikini Atomic Testing cuff before, very nice. There is a book out on cuff titles.

Best
    Jack

?

I have never seen that liberty cuff before, The bag is interesting I have seen many like it but none with the same patch the odd colors on the patch make it interesting I like the little bag cool finds