Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with 2 British badges identification

Article about: Picked up these 2 badges but cant find them in any book i have , Does any know what they are ? Thank you for any help

Default Help needed with 2 British badges identification

Picked up these 2 badges but cant find them in any book i have , Does any know what they are ? Thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with 2 British badges identification   Help needed with 2 British badges identification  

Help needed with 2 British badges identification   Help needed with 2 British badges identification  

Help needed with 2 British badges identification  

Found the first one
    Royal Scots Queen's Rifle Volunteer Brigade Glengarry Badge

Quote by kradman View Post
    Found the first one
    Royal Scots Queen's Rifle Volunteer Brigade Glengarry Badge
    Correct, here's mine which is still on the glengarry cap;

Help needed with 2 British badges identificationHelp needed with 2 British badges identification

The second badge would be for the 7th (Ardwick) Battalion The Manchester Regiment which was a unit of The Territorial Force.

I will have to check my references later but I believe both these badges were only made in bronze whereas these two look to be white metal. Even so they both look like cast copies to me I'm sorry to say especially the Rifle Vols which has dreadful soft pitting on the obverse typical of inferior casting. That is to say that the pits have rounded or soft rather than hard edges which gives a kind of "wet" look to it. It isn't easy to see in my pictures because of the black paint mainly but a good badge has absolutely no sign of pitting and is high quality die struck.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you Mark the Rifles Vol badge has a maker name on the rear , i think it could be ok as came in with alot of other badges of the same age from the local rubbish dump and was on a glengarry cap when found but the guys working there throw the cap way because it was badly mothed

?

The mark says Silver?