Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Honorable East India Company Army Early 1800's ( Shoulder Plate, Hat Device and Gorget

Article about: I'm not sure this is the correct place to post these items ...but looking for any information on these items. I believe there from the early 1800's. Any information would be appreciated...Th

?

Default Honorable East India Company Army Early 1800's ( Shoulder Plate, Hat Device and Gorget

I'm not sure this is the correct place to post these items ...but looking for any information on these items. I believe there from the early 1800's. Any information would be appreciated...Thanks

Honorable East India Company Army Early 1800's ( Shoulder Plate, Hat Device and GorgetHonorable East India Company Army Early 1800's ( Shoulder Plate, Hat Device and GorgetHonorable East India Company Army Early 1800's ( Shoulder Plate, Hat Device and GorgetHonorable East India Company Army Early 1800's ( Shoulder Plate, Hat Device and GorgetHonorable East India Company Army Early 1800's ( Shoulder Plate, Hat Device and GorgetHonorable East India Company Army Early 1800's ( Shoulder Plate, Hat Device and GorgetHonorable East India Company Army Early 1800's ( Shoulder Plate, Hat Device and Gorget

?

Certainly different and interesting not sure how much I can add, and should say I can not add anything in terms of originality.

The officers gorget, has the crest of the East India Company, the engraving looked a bit bit rough to me, I would have expected better for the time period but it look very close to another found online.

The badge, is for the 21st Bengal Native Infantry, unusual not to have a crown on it for a hat badge, but can’t find any other example to back that up. It may have been worn on a tunic.

The buckle, the scroll has three names of battles that have medal clasps awarded, so could be battle honors

1803 Aligurh (Allighur or Alligarh), 1804 Deig (Deeg) clasps worn on the Army of India Medal
    1849 Guzerat (Goojerat or Gujerat) claps worn on the Punjab Medal

VII would be the regiment, I couldn’t find an easy way to get a list of units that took part in each battle to cross reference. It has a hall mark so you should be able to date it.

Where did they come from?

This is very specific stuff, you may get more comments here:
    The British Military Badge Forum

Steve

?

Thanks for the info....picked these up from a collector who had them since late 70's early 80's.