Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Patch 101st airborne

Article about: Hello, Here is a badge of the 101st airborne for sale on a site. This is why I masked the photo a bit. Can you confirm to me if it is genuine WW2 ? Thank you for your expertise and your time

?

Default Patch 101st airborne

Hello,
    Here is a badge of the 101st airborne for sale on a site.
    This is why I masked the photo a bit.
    Can you confirm to me if it is genuine WW2 ?
    Thank you for your expertise and your time.
    Cordially.

Patch 101st airborne

Patch 101st airborne

Hi Fabie

Yes its 100% WWII.

Ironically the white tongue was not liked and troopers coloured it red.

Phill

I agree with Mr. Lockett. I think this one is called a Type 6 (according to the Mark Bando book)

?

Hello,
    thank you very much for your messages.
    It is much more expensive than with the red tongue because it is rarer !!!
    The seller says that title is a green / back pattern and that it is a type 5.
    What do you think?
    Thank you in advance.

I’d have to look at my book to make sure. I’ll probably have a better answer for you tonight

Here we go!

It is in fact a type 6. Apparently what makes it a "type 6" is the general shape of the eye, not the color of the tongue like we thought. I added an excerpt from "Tigger Time Eagle Patch Guide" by Mark Bando. It's picture next to a Type 5 for reference.

I also added a picture of the one in my collection. It seems like yours and mine are exactly the same

(oh, and if someone could rotate my picture I would really appreciate it)

Patch 101st airborne
    Patch 101st airborne
    Patch 101st airborne

Hi Fabie

Yes they are more expensive.

Unless you collect the types, I wouldnt worry about "Types" as long as it is WWII era and not a reproduction, which have come out of Czech republic in the last 10 years, that have duped collectors.

Phill

?

Thanks eagle man and Phill.
    Yes I know there are a lot of fakes, that's why I prefer to go through the forum with which I have 100% confidence because there are good connoisseurs.
    So I will take action to buy it.
    In fact, I have decided to embark for now on a collection of authentic patches that have actively participated in Dday.
    It's going to take me a fair bit of time and research.
    Thanks again ...

Hi Fabie

Good to see , I started a combined Allied operations of patches /formations signs on allied operations from Notrth Africa to the Rhine using orignal WWII era "patches".
    D-Day I have maybe 60% plus , excluding the expensive patches ie 506 PIR etc. and or the white tongue 101. Research is the key. On the Bir and Canadian side formations tend to have cloth shoulder titles ,regiment flash's etc... so the cost can be very expensive.
    I thend to base mine around US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia (ie 101) and Brit and Canadian formation signs and go from there.

Good hunting and keep us upto date on your project.

Phill
    I have added commando cloth titles including 4 Cdo which had a French Troop component.

Gathering the American D-day divisional patches won’t be a hard task. The airborne units (101st and 82nd) will be the most expensive. The other main ones would be 1st infantry, 4th infantry, 29th infantry, and a regiment or two from the 90th infantry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast