Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1104

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

?

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Close guess Rick! It was late 1975. I have attached the article from Army newspaper (my collection). Quite a few changes happening around this time maybe due to the new broom in Parliament, the Whitlam Government. In 1974 the Mess cutlery and crockery recieved the Australian Coat of Arms design too, replacing the Rising Sun (as well as the RAN and RAAF insignias I think).

Attachment 1414931

And a few patches from my little collection. Not sure if the red-border one is correct.

Attachment 1414932
    Nice lot mate,
    Id say that the red border one is British , Ive also seen British ones with a blue border.
    Its interesting as how NZ insignia followed the British system.
    One would have thought that were the same as us .
    I guess we just liked to be simplified & different
    Cheers Rick

?

Australian WW2 Militia Pioneer Battalion sleeve badges.
    4 examples
    The 1st two are WW1 re issued type , note the larger WW1 type lugs
    The 2nd two are period made , with WW2 smaller lugs , One marked Stokes.
    Makes it easy to spot the variants between WW1 & 2 types.
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1415155

Attachment 1415156

Attachment 1415157

Attachment 1415160

Attachment 1415162

Attachment 1415163

Attachment 1415164

Attachment 1415165

?

3 examples of AASC Australian Army Service Corps hat badges
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1415408

Attachment 1415414

Attachment 1415415

Attachment 1415416

Attachment 1415417

Attachment 1415418

Very Nice Rick ~

I may have mentioned on my Blog that I have a NOS pair of these coming from a Aussie trader at Goulburn at a nice price ~ after I dug the Same badge several hunts ago well Last Monday !

( I have the dug relic soaking in molasses to clean it up ! )

AIF
    ?

I just went through all 109 pages, quite a trip down memory lane... I really miss the good old days on this forum before everyone became obsessed with facebook.

?

Ha ha , I don't do Facepoop or Instawank.
    It's a young persons thing I guess , I feel sorry for them really .
    Cheers Rick

me too!

AIF
    ?

As much as I hate facebook there are some good collector groups on there, the Australian ones suck mostly but there are a few good overseas ones and webbing collector groups.

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    me too!
    I remember your short lived foray into facebook!

Dave is still around, but he is a hard man to get a hold of! He keeps promising to call me but I never hear from him much. It was his birthday a few days ago, I may try and call him tonight.

Good morning gents,

This is a very interesting thread which I am reading in sections (lot of material and I am about two thirds through so far)

Despite intemittent efforts over the years I only have one Australian badge in my collection which was given to me by a friend of my Dad when I began collecting as a small boy in the early '70s.

I have never been 100% sure of the period but I believe it is most likely WWI. I think it is Australian made rather than a UK made replacement as it is feintly (worn or poor strike I think) marked "STOKES & SONS).

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

I would be greatful if someone with knowledge of the subject could authenticate and quote the correct period for this badge and if possible tell me something of the timeline from the earliest version or the "Rising Sun" up to those of the present.

I have looked to acquire more Australian badges but they seem either hard to find over here or disproportionately priced. Postage from Australia charged by dealers tends to be a bit of a crippler too (hopefully it would be less so with private deals, I just haven't found any!)

Any info on my badge and perhaps advice on local sources in Australia would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mark.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."