Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia

Article about: G'day, I'm looking at buying a british armoured crewman's helmet (liner dated 1952) and it has an insignia on the side that looks like it's been hand painted; unfortunately it was painted ov

Default is this potentally a 7th armoured insignia

G'day,
    I'm looking at buying a british armoured crewman's helmet (liner dated 1952) and it has an insignia on the side that looks like it's been hand painted; unfortunately it was painted over at some point post war, presumably when the 'R' was painted on.

But the reason i'm here is that it almost looks like the 7th armoured division's insignia but i'm not sure so i thought i'd come here to ask. I've also a attached a screenshot of the insignia that i put through a photo editor to make it a bit clearer hopefully (1st photo) is this potentally a 7th armoured insigniais this potentally a 7th armoured insigniais this potentally a 7th armoured insignia
    is this potentally a 7th armoured insigniais this potentally a 7th armoured insignia
    edit: I will hopefully have a better photo of the insignia soon
    Last edited by Otto Von Bigmac; 08-03-2020 at 05:29 AM.

Honestly, it's hard for me to tell anything on it. Just the outline of it in the photos to me looks more like a spearhead shape.

is there anywhere i should look to get a good idea of armored insignia? there's a wikipedia page on british insignia but apparently that type of helmet was used by both belgium and canada and i can't find much on their insignia...

If you don't get much help here, you might check with some of the helmet guys. They might have more insight. They see a lot of insignia on helmets. If you do, I'd repost it there, and retitle it to have "helmet" in the topic.

-Robyn