Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Seaforth Highlanders cap badge - how can I tell a British badge from a Canadian one?

Article about: This badge was sold to me as a WWII Canadian one, but the more I compare it to its British version, the less I am convinced that it came from Canada. Could you tell me your opinion and the d

?

Default Seaforth Highlanders cap badge - how can I tell a British badge from a Canadian one?

Seaforth Highlanders cap badge - how can I tell a British badge from a Canadian one?Seaforth Highlanders cap badge - how can I tell a British badge from a Canadian one?

This badge was sold to me as a WWII Canadian one, but the more I compare it to its British version, the less I am convinced that it came from Canada.

Could you tell me your opinion and the differences I should look for?

Regards,

Didier

It s a cheap modern restrike/copy - you can tell by the rough casting finish on the back.

CBH
    ?

I agree, modern recast, not WWll

I sadly have to agree with my learned fellow forum members, it is a duffer
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Well, I purchased it two years ago or so from a reputed seller in Paris, which shows that one should always study the subject thoroughly before buying anything.

Thank you for your replies, gentlemen.

Regards,

Didier

You will find a fine selection of good Scottish badges here Allied and Axis Militaria

Lee
    ?

hi there i collect ww2 canadian badges and none of mine are cast like the one you show. i will post one in pictures for the ww2 one.

Lee
    ?

Default seaforth badge

this a ww2 dug up badge. the badge is darker due to being dug up. It is stamped and the lug welded to the badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seaforth Highlanders cap badge - how can I tell a British badge from a Canadian one?   Seaforth Highlanders cap badge - how can I tell a British badge from a Canadian one?  

Seaforth Highlanders cap badge - how can I tell a British badge from a Canadian one?