Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange patch

Article about: Hi guys anyone ever see this patch before

?

Default Strange patch

Hi guys anyone ever see this patch before
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange patch   Strange patch  

This is the old 14th Infantry Division Patch (WW1 era) I believe this may be a Patch King reproduction.

Smitty

?

I figured you would know thank you Smitty

I agree with Smitty

However this is an early c 1941/42 and sold by collector clubs ie PK and others late 1944/45 onwards when collector clubs were in full swing.

This begs the question , why these were made so early on (based on the heavy snow background), the general explanation is made for the collector market and sold as WWI replica's to add in the patch albums however a more likely scenario made for 14th Division veterans (and the like) for patriotic parades in local areas to acknowledge WWI veterans and a patriotic way of supporting the new generation of fighters.

I had a discussion years ago about PK patches in general and this was pointed out to me as the individual had met veterans of WWI who were still active in the late 50's and 60's who wore these in parades.

Back then it was a patriotic way of showing support but today its simply Patch king reproduction , which i do agree with but some of these earlier ones were made before the "Patch King collector clubs were in full swing late 44/45.

Anyway thats my thoughts and the 14th you have shown is one of the nicest collector club examples made exactly the same way as early wartime issued patches.

cheers

Phill

?

Phil I want to say thank you to you and Smitty you guys are awesome . Thank you again if I get them I will post better photos .Gary