Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

US Fort Leonard Wood Missouri TRB Regimental Flag New Find

Article about: Hey guys went on a trip this weekend and found this hanging in an Antique Store and bought it. Any ideas on how old it might be. Its a large flag purple in color with a dingy white fringe, d

CGR
    ?

Not sure if it dates it or not but I did do a black light test a few days ago and nothing glowed on it.

I took basic at Ft Lost in the Woods back in the 70's You can bet the T is for Training and the B is for battalion. The R could be for reentry or rifle. They do a lot of engineer training as well as basic training there or did when I was there.

CGR
    ?

Got a number to a guy at FLW that might know but he won't be in until Monday.
    My Girlfriends youngest sister did her basic training there before being sent to Iraq, she was with the 101st Airborne. She could not help with the flag as that was way before her time there. From what I have seen online the TRB is Training Battalion.
    The lady on the phone at FLW told me they did not currently have a Historian at FLW as the position was vacant, maybe the guy she told me to call next week will know something.

So as a follow up, I sent the information to the Director this morning at Fort Leonard Wood and he replied back to me this afternoon about 5 minutes ago..

He was not sure what TRB meant and that the owner had just called him...

So I will continue to dig through references at my end and see if we can come to some sort of closure on this..

The next step will be to reach out to the Infantry Museum at Fort Benning to see if they have any information about said guidon/flag...

Smitty

?

Training Recruit Battalion?????
    Just my 2 centavos!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Don’t believe the army uses the term “recruit”. Could be wrong though! Haha

I just got off the phone with the Engineer Museum Curator (on an unrelated subject) so he has been informed about the TRB inquiry and we will see what he finds out...

Always reaching out to my other museum colleagues….

Smitty

CGR
    ?

Thanks! Yep I called and the person I spoke to wasn't able to tell me much about the flag, way before his time there but he said it is not used today, probably 50's and 60's.
    I appreciate all the help and responses!
    Been a tough nut to crack for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3