Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Navy PRESIDENTIAL Flags No 1 Size

Article about: Take a look at a pair of 100-110 year old flags. The top flag is a M-1902 Naval Presidential Flag and the bottom is a M-1916 No 1 Presidential flag. These flags are HUGE! Approximately 10' x

Default US Navy PRESIDENTIAL Flags No 1 Size

Take a look at a pair of 100-110 year old flags. The top flag is a M-1902 Naval Presidential Flag and the bottom is a M-1916 No 1 Presidential flag. These flags are HUGE! Approximately 10' x 18'. Both were made at the NY Naval Yard and are very similar in style and construction. They are sewn together with 6 steps of wide blue wool bunting and have 7' eagles applied by single layer appliqué. They each have rope header with loops (M-1902) and ring & snaps (M-1916). For old flags they are in great condition. Vivid colors and very few holes.

Modern Navy ships fly much smaller POTUS and VPOTUS flags in size 6 or roughly 4'x6'. These magnificent flags would have flown on the largest ship of our fleet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Navy PRESIDENTIAL Flags No 1 Size   US Navy PRESIDENTIAL Flags No 1 Size  

US Navy PRESIDENTIAL Flags No 1 Size   US Navy PRESIDENTIAL Flags No 1 Size  

MAP
    ?

Huge is an understatement. Great flags!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Holy Smokes those are HUGE!!!
    They are in excellent condition and were well taken care of.
    Thanks for sharing them.

Are these the biggest flags you have?

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

wow, these are great flags! How/do you display these?

Just when I think I’ve seen it all BAM!!!!! It a shame you can’t Permanently display them.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks Marty, I have been blessed with so many different types of flags. They keep coming my way. I am currently cataloging the collection of 1000 flags and hope to be able to get them all sorted by type soon. I have a complete list of just over 1020 flags with handwritten notes. I'm about halfway through the computer spreadsheet that will help me sort the out. I have about 15 different parameters including type, branch of service, size, material, fringe or no fringe, auto, etc. I am also slowly getting photos of them all too.

MAP
    ?

You should create a "Fun with Flags" video

(Parody of Sheldon Coopers sketch on The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by MAP; 06-06-2020 at 04:21 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)