Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Very rare blue usmc organizational flag - pre-ww2

Article about: This is one of my more interesting and rare USMC flags. It is the blue pre-WW2 style EGA flags with large flowing scrolls and magnificent hand embroidery. The flag measures approximately 52&

Default Very rare blue usmc organizational flag - pre-ww2

This is one of my more interesting and rare USMC flags. It is the blue pre-WW2 style EGA flags with large flowing scrolls and magnificent hand embroidery. The flag measures approximately 52" x 66" and it has hand-knotted silk fringe. (the photos are from the original seller)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very rare blue usmc organizational flag - pre-ww2   Very rare blue usmc organizational flag - pre-ww2  

Very rare blue usmc organizational flag - pre-ww2   Very rare blue usmc organizational flag - pre-ww2  

Default Reminds me of my pillow, beautiful

Very rare blue usmc organizational flag - pre-ww2

Very rare indeed. I’ve only seen two. One at MCRD San Diego and 10th Marines Reg CP. very nice!!

?

I was wondering if that was a early San Diego MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) flag. But I have never seen one before. I went to Parris Island!!
    Very nice looking

Semper Fi
    Phil

You continue to amaze me with new incredible flags. Another beautiful and rare flag.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I was wondering if that was a early San Diego MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) flag. But I have never seen one before. I went to Parris Island!!
    Very nice looking

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hi Phil, I believe you are correct. This flag would have been the base flag for the MCRD up until around 1940 or whenever they received their new scarlet flag. I am thrilled to have this flag. The USMC museum near DC has a few blue flags but not many.

Thanks Marty! This one might rate a notch rarer than the TD flag I bought from you. I have been blessed with some very special and rare flags.

The blue USMC flags are very rare. There is one framed at the USMC museum at San Diego for the "Training Station" and a few at the USMC museum near DC.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very rare blue usmc organizational flag - pre-ww2  

I collect USMC postal covers before San Diego was Pendleton it was as the flag says

Marine Corps base San Diego came about right before WWI. Prior to that the Marines west coast base was San Francisco. At the time MCB San Diego was not only a recruit depot or training station it was the major port of embark and disembarkation for the Marine Corps on the west cost.