Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What kind of regimental British badge with a double-headed Russian eagle?

Article about: Professionals, please tell me what kind of regimental British badge with a double-headed Russian eagle? Pronounced attitude towards the Russian Empire

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    This item has got me intrigued now so I will do a little research and if I find anything I will post it here.
    Regards
    Mark
    You inattentively read my posts.
    1 - this sign was definitely made by the English master! (all necessary arguments and explanations are presented above)
    2 - "Victorian registration mark" - just confirms the English origin of the sign and is absolutely identified by the date of production!
    3 - to discuss dates BEFORE January 29, 1874 - DO NOT! (this is meaningless and distracts from the essence of the issue - i.e. from the ownership of this sign)

Summary - if you have such an opportunity (knowledge, access to archives, catalogs, etc.) - you need to test the hypothesis! Those. who exactly and for how long wore this sign?

Personally, my hypothesis is that this badge was worn by the courtiers during the period of wedding events. (naturally, the sign was worn on a ribbon / belt over the shoulder) Perhaps this sign was worn by diplomats for some time, because. the sign itself reflected the twinning of the imperial houses - look carefully! The Russian double-headed eagle is, as it were, covered with an imperial crown, but no longer Russian, but English! (can be read as the formal supremacy of England) Also look at the wreath (wedding wreath - female on the left, - roses of Maria Alexandrovna, on the right - purely English flowers - thistle and shamrock, Prince Alfred of Edinburgh)

Quote by SMERSH View Post
    You inattentively read my posts.
    1 - this sign was definitely made by the English master! (all necessary arguments and explanations are presented above)
    2 - "Victorian registration mark" - just confirms the English origin of the sign and is absolutely identified by the date of production!
    3 - to discuss dates BEFORE January 29, 1874 - DO NOT! (this is meaningless and distracts from the essence of the issue - i.e. from the ownership of this sign)

Summary - if you have such an opportunity (knowledge, access to archives, catalogs, etc.) - you need to test the hypothesis! Those. who exactly and for how long wore this sign?

Personally, my hypothesis is that this badge was worn by the courtiers during the period of wedding events. (naturally, the sign was worn on a ribbon / belt over the shoulder) Perhaps this sign was worn by diplomats for some time, because. the sign itself reflected the twinning of the imperial houses - look carefully! The Russian double-headed eagle is, as it were, covered with an imperial crown, but no longer Russian, but English! (can be read as the formal supremacy of England) Also look at the wreath (wedding wreath - female on the left, - roses of Maria Alexandrovna, on the right - purely English flowers - thistle and shamrock, Prince Alfred of Edinburgh)
    A poor knowledge of English does not excuse rudeness! Many members here have virtually no English at all yet manage to observe good manners.

You asked "which regiment". Answer, none but you seem to already know that.
    You mentioned the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. Answer, not even possible as the regiment was only formed in 1973.

The fact that this item was made in England has little relevance in this context. Many badges used in Africa are made in France (Drago).

If you already know so much about this badge why are you asking about regiments?

I can see no purpose to this thread and I have no further comment.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Photos from outside hosting site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of regimental British badge with a double-headed Russian eagle?   What kind of regimental British badge with a double-headed Russian eagle?  

What kind of regimental British badge with a double-headed Russian eagle?   What kind of regimental British badge with a double-headed Russian eagle?  

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    A poor knowledge of English does not excuse rudeness! Many members here have virtually no English at all yet manage to observe good manners.

You asked "which regiment". Answer, none but you seem to already know that.
    You mentioned the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. Answer, not even possible as the regiment was only formed in 1973.

The fact that this item was made in England has little relevance in this context. Many badges used in Africa are made in France (Drago).

If you already know so much about this badge why are you asking about regiments?

I can see no purpose to this thread and I have no further comment.
    Why did you write all this?
    Do you speak English well? Congratulations!
    But you tried to write outright stupidity in response to my hypothesis! And that's just a fact.

Once again - you know English - but this is for a linguistic forum! This is an international military forum and it is the historical aspects related to the history of states (wars and related politics) that are discussed here!

Summary - You are trying to discuss something that you do not understand at all! And this is also a fact!

And as soon as I asked you to refrain from writing outright stupidity, you were immediately offended.

Summary: do not try to discuss what you do not understand - you will not have to be offended. Everything is simple and clear.

Quote by SMERSH View Post
    Why did you write all this?
    Do you speak English well? Congratulations!
    But you tried to write outright stupidity in response to my hypothesis! And that's just a fact.

Once again - you know English - but this is for a linguistic forum! This is an international military forum and it is the historical aspects related to the history of states (wars and related politics) that are discussed here!

Summary - You are trying to discuss something that you do not understand at all! And this is also a fact!

And as soon as I asked you to refrain from writing outright stupidity, you were immediately offended.

Summary: do not try to discuss what you do not understand - you will not have to be offended. Everything is simple and clear.
    SMERSH... If you cannot discuss in a friendly and polite manner - regardless of language problems - I would respectfully suggest that you don't bother trying to discuss anything at all.

?

Issue resolved. Topic can be closed!

Offended ?...No One is offended ,,,,your self admiration and flattery seems to have put your use of manners in hiding that you need to lash out with lacklustre language,,. including which you have been warned by Ralph and Myself with uploading photos from an outside hosting site and also have been warned of removing photos immediately after posting them which I had sent a PM to you in the past to which you never replied.

So to do without hearing more drama and your tears ....and not wasting anymore of the forums bandwidth....I can agree to your request to bring closure.......YOURS!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Polish at a guess, the crown looks bit QVC but ||I don't think it is and this is not the badge of a BRITISH unit
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you Larry and others for shutting this down. Manners and rules are needed to allow the educational value to grow. This will allow old and new collectors to constantly educate and evolve. Without we loose the open educational value of forums. I commend the moderators for maintaining this forum.

Thank you Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2